President's Report May 2017

President’s Report May 2017 We had a fabulous time at the Bright rally weekend recently, despite the weather deteriorating while we were up in the mountains on the Saturday afternoon. Saturday night the rain lashed down so it seemed sensible to call the Sunday ride off, but we had a merry time that evening with many stories to tell over dinner.

My thanks go to Bill Garner who did a great job with the organisation of the rally. Having breakfast together at the motel was a lovely relaxed way to start the day. The social side of the weekend was something special that our club does that many don't, the only thing we must do is try to get Bill in favour with the weather gods - seems he has a serious misunderstanding with them!

Further on in this issue of Sprocket you will find details of the Midwinter Rally at Eildon. This is shorter notice than usual so get yourself into gear, book your accommodation and return your entry form. While on the subject of rallies, we are holding the Ballarat Springtime rally on September 16 17 and I expect this to be another enjoyable weekend in the sunshine capital of the north.

In the June Sprocket there will be a nomination form for office bearers for the 2017-18 year. At the AGM this July I will not be re-nominating as President. I have served 7.4 years and feel it is time to step aside and let someone come in with a fresh enthusiasm and ideas.

If you would like to have a go at being a Committee member or know someone who just needs that little nudge, well now's your chance. I have found being on the Committee to be a rewarding experience. I've certainly found it to be challenging at times but I can wholeheartedly recommend to you getting involved with the running of your club. “He who travels fastest goes alone” Burger Drake. President CMCCV.