President's Report April 2017

Presidents Report – April 2017

Wow, what a fantastic and successful night the Show and Shine meeting night last month was. You can see some photos, further on in Sprocket. Thanks must go to Jack Youdan and all those who pitched in to help make it the success that it was. It was also good to see that some members bought multiple bikes along in trailers and utes.

On to club issues, sometimes we are still having corner marshalling problems. I said some time ago that I'd never go down the path of trying to explain this again, but following some recent situations I feel I should.

When you are following the lead rider and he points, or directs you, stop and position yourself safely on the corner where following riders can see you, and indicate the direction they must go. I always recommend that you actually point with your arm because this is far more effective that just sitting there with your blinker on.

The other important thing is that before the ride begins make sure you know who the tail end rider is and don't leave your corner marking position until he arrives, regardless of how long that may be. Should there be a significant wait at a corner, it is a sure sign that something has gone wrong further back, usually a breakdown. There have been instances where corner markers have just ridden off, and when asked why have replied: “well thought I'd waited long enough so I just rode off”. It is also up to riders to use a bit of initiative when approaching an intersection or corner to look out for a corner marker. We have had situations where markers have been clearly visible on a corner yet the rider is in la- la land and rides straight past.

The Club Ride this month is to Maldon on SATURDAY 22nd to view the bikes at the All British Rally in the main street, and is well worth seeing, hope to see you there.

“Boredom happens only when you have so much time available.”

Burger Drake. President CMCCV