President's Report February 2017

Welcome to a new year of motorcycling and 2017 is looking like another busy one with plenty of Club activities, rides and rallies planned for you. I would like to thank my Vice President Ian for all the effort that he put in making sure the meetings in the latter part of last year, both General and Committee ran well in my absence.

My full knee replacement was a 100% success and I was back riding in December. I would also like to thank  all the members that took the time to ring and check how I was going and wish me well. My operation was at the new Epworth Hospital at Waurn Ponds (Geelong) and the visits that I had from Club members down that way were just incredible to say the least, thanks, your visits were much appreciated.

Our Christmas breakup social event and ride from at Polly's was very well attended, the weather was fine and the setting at Polly’s was just picture-perfect.

The entry form for the ‘North East Escape’rally based at Bright in April is in the February issue of Sprocket. This Rally is once again organised by Club member Bill Garner, and we all know what a great job Bill does. The rally is during the school holidays, so I suggest booking immediately and telling the motel you are part of the Classic Club, as Bill has been able to get us a discount on the rooms. The motel contact details are among the entry information.

As a variation on our usual General meeting routine, there will be a Member's Motorcycle Display on meeting night Wednesday 15 March, details are in the February issue of Sprocket. There will still be a General meeting on that night, but it will be shorter and start a little later followed by a no- charge special supper. So get those machines out even if you've got something that hasn't seen sunlight for years, chuck it in the ute or on the trailer and bring it along. You can be sure that there will be plenty of members who would like to see it.

“If the writings on the wall, read it”

Burger Drake.
President CMCCV.